Thursday 20 September 2012

ColourB4 Extra

I'd been dying my hair for about 6 years when I decided that I wanted to go back to my natural hair colour so that I wouldn't need to keep dying my roots whilst I'm away at uni. There are a few different brands of hair colour remover now available but I decided to use ColourB4, and because of the many different shades that I've tried over the years including some quite dark shades, I chose to use the ColourB4 extra.

Before using ColourB4 my hair was a dark red shade and I was hoping to get back to my natural colour, which I considered to be about a medium brown (but my hairdresser told me that apparently it's dark blonde??).



ColourB4 is really easy to use, though I do recommend leaving the door open to let some air in as the smell is pretty horrible! When I had applied the mixture I wrapped my hair in clingfilm to help speed it up and left it on for about an hour. Once the time was up I had to rinse it all out, which is quite a long process but it is important to make sure it's all washed out and that you use the buffer provided.

Even during the rinsing it was possible to see that my hair had lightened and once it was dried it definitely looked like my natural colour. There was a slight brassy/coppery tint to my hair but this was expected and can be toned down using a hair dye in an ash tone. If you look very closely you can see that my hair gets darker towards the ends but I think that's because it has been dyed more than the roots, and it's barely noticeable. The smell was still in my hair but after a couple of washes it was back to normal :)




After using ColourB4 my hair felt quite dry, so it's good to use an deep conditioning masque to help restore your hair to it's healthy condition. I went to the hairdressers a few days later and had my hair trimmed so now it feels much better, and my hairdresser even said that he was impressed by the result of ColourB4 and surprised that it had turned out so well! 

Big thumbs up to ColourB4!!

Please leave your comments or questions below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment